About Shankh Bhasma
Shankh Bhasma (also spelled as Shankha Bhasm) is an ayurvedic remedy prepared from conch shell. In ayurveda, Shankh Bhasma is used for treating diarrhoea (loose stools), acne, pimples, liver enlargement (hepatomegaly), splenomegaly, abdominal pain, indigestion, loss of appetite, heartburn, acid reflux, abdominal distension and irritable bowel syndrome. It has several other health benefits and medicinal uses.
Ingredients (Composition) of Shankh Bhasma
- Purified Conch Shell (Purified Shankh)
- Lemon Juice
- Dharit Kumari
Benefits & Medicinal Uses of Shankh Bhasma
- Shankh is beneficial in various types of eye disorders.
- Shankh is also known to benefit in various types of inflammations and infections of the intestine.
- Shankh with its antacid property works for Acid Indigestion Treatment and is known for its benefits in various types of stomach aches.
- It is great used in Acid Reflux Problems.
- Shankh also benefits in various types of skin ailments.
- This is known for its maximum benefit in pimples that appear early when a child for the first times attains puberty.
- Shankh is also known to benefit in disorders of liver, spleen etc.
- Shankh helps in attaining a healthy and well balanced mind and body.
- Shankha is also known to benefit in various types of gastric disorders and thus doing so increases the rate of metabolism.
- Since this is known to be comprising of a lot of calcium content in it therefore it is known to produce best benefit in various calcium deficiency diseases.
- Shankh is also known to be comprising of phosphorus content in it thus is known to benefit both the bones as well as the teeth.
- Shankh is also known to be an excellent therapy for Bronchopneumonia (especially in children).
- Shankh is also known to be having thrombosis like properties so is also used in cases if suffering from any types of bleeding disorders.
- Shankh is also useful in various types of skin ailments as leprosy.
- Shankh is known to benefit in case if suffering from various types of diseases resulted due to Pitta Dosha.
- Shankh is also known for its rejuvenating effect on the body.
- Also increases the working efficacy of liver and spleen.
- In individuals who are suffering from various types of digestion related problems this is a very good remedy.
- Also reduces the levels of Vatu in the stomach thus preventing from any types of pain, indigestion or even flatulence.
- Is also known to be benefiting in various types of pains and inflammations.
Shankh Bhasm dosage:
250 mg 500 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey, lemon juice, Triphala kashaya etc.
Dosage of Shankh Bhasma
|Age Group(in infants)
||10Mg to 30mg
|Age Group(in children)
|Age Group (in adults)
||125mg to 500 mg
||60mg to 250 mg