SMDC Natural Health and Food Products was started with the objective of providing options for "healthy foods" that are grown in an absolutely natural process (ZBNF method of farming).
Why ZBNF? What is ZBNF?
- ZBNF are set of natural farming methods.
- No chemical, fertilizer, pesticides, bio-fertilizers or vermicompost used.
- Only these four steps; seed treatment,microbial culture, mulching and soil aeration.
- It is different from organic farming.
Sahjeevan Natural Gul/Jaggery is grown with (ZBNF) i.e Zero Budget Natural farming method.
How different is Jaggery/Gul from white sugar?
It contains up to 50% sucrose, up to 20% invert sugar and up to 20% moisture, with the remainder made up of other insoluble matter, such as wood ash, proteins, and baggasse fibres. Jaggery is mixed with other ingredients, widely used as a tree pulp additive for pain. Ancient scriptures in ayurveda also mention various medicinal uses based on method of preparation and age.
Other Uses of Jaggery/ Gul:
- Besides being a food, jaggery may be used (mixed in an emulsion with buttermilk and mustard oil) to season the inside of tandoor ovens.
- Jaggery is used in natural dying of fabric and in hookahs in rural areas of India.
- Jaggery is very nutritious and very good for health.
- Other uses include jaggery toffees and jaggery cake made with pumpkin preserve, cashew nuts, peanuts and spices.
- Jaggery can be used in the creation of alcoholic beverages such as palm wine.