- Fast facts on honey
- Honey is linked to wound-healing properties and antibacterial action.
- It has been used in medicine for over 5,000 years.
- Honey can replace sugar in meals, providing a healthier, option However they can also add browning and excess moisture to a dish.
- Do not give honey to children under 12 months old.
1) Reducing the duration of diarrhea
According to research-based reviews on honey, it has been shown to decrease the severity and duration of diarrhea. Honey also promotes increased potassium and water intake, which is particularly helpful when experiencing diarrhea
2) Relieving cold and cough symptoms
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends honey as a cough remedy.
However, they advise that honey is not suitable for children under the age of one year
3) Replacing added sugar in the diet
Honey's sweet flavor makes it an ideal substitute for sugar in the diet.
Added sugar in the diet provides excess calories with no nutritional benefit. This can lead to an increased body weight, which comes with an increased risk of high blood pressure and diabetes.
Honey can be added to food and beverages to sweeten the taste without the negative health impact of added sugars. However, since honey is still a sweetener, it is important to remain mindful of how much honey being is used.
- Honey is a sweet, viscous food substance made by honey bees and some related insects.
- Bees produce honey from the nectar) or from secretions of other insects (such as honeydew), by regurgitation, enzymatic activity, and water evaporation. Bees store honey in wax structures called honeycombs
- Honey gets its sweetness from the monosaccharides fructose and glucose, and has about the same relative sweetness as sucrose (table sugar)
- Honey is collected from wild bee colonies or from domesticated beehives. On average, a hive will produce about 29 kilograms (65 lb) of honey per year. Wild bee nests are sometimes located by following a honeyguide bird.
- honey can be use diabetes people also.
- honey also can be used for cough & weight loss etc there are lot o benefits.
Honey has been used to treat a wide array of illnesses, ailments, and injuries
It can be mixed with other remedies and consumed or rubbed onto the skin. Practitioners of Ayurvedic medicine have attempted to use honey as a remedy for the following:
- vision problems
- bad breath
- teething pain, in children over a year old
- cough and asthma
- stomach ulcers
- diarrhea and dysentery