SBL Ammi Visnaga Cream is very useful in treatment of leukoderma. It is indicated when patient has loss of pigmentation which is seen as white spots on skin. Ammi visnaga has phototherapeutic properties which is very similar to psoralens. It is seen in some patients that use of A. visnaga along with exposure to sun causes re-pigmentation.
It is disorder that causes patches of skin to become white. It occurs when cells that make colour is skin is destroyed. It may or may not spread to appear on skin. It is a autoimmune disease, means antibodies are made against own cell of body. Sometimes it runs in family.
It is seen in people with dark skin. Many patients gave white patches in their 20s.
Patches on skin- seen to parts that re exposed ot the sun like on hands, feet, arms and face. Also seen on the armpits, eyes, groins( where legs meets body), genitals, belly button and rectal area.
Loss of colour in mouth.
- Segmental: Which is present on one part of the body. It does not spread.
- Non-segmental: Which usually spread.
- Sometimes, white patches spread to whole body over several years.
SBL Ammi Visnaga Cream Composition
Sbl Ammi Visnaga Cream contains:
Ammi visnaga MT 7.5% v/w suitable cream base q.s
Visnagin, is active principle present in this remedy. It is extracted from the fruits of Ammi visnaga. It helps in dilating arteries of heart and hence very useful in treatment of angina.
- It acts on calcium channels, thereby helping in inhibiting various kind of spasms. Hence it acts as antispasmodic.
- It is used in reducing pain of kidney stone.
- Visnagin contains khellin, which is very useful in treatment of asthma.
- Seeds are diuretic and lithontripic. They contain a fatty oil which has a substance known as khellin.
- It is very useful in treatment of high blood pressure.
SBL Ammi Visnaga Cream Important Therapeutic Uses